Caity, Michele and I have been hard at work creating educational ResearchReady videos about the research process, which explain tricky concepts in a fun and simple way to students. I’ve blogged about our videos on the structure of a URL and top-level domains recently, and this week we’re migrating over to inquiry-based learning.
This video explains the “Connect” stage of Barbara Stripling’s Model of Inquiry and helps students understand how to approach the early stages of the research process, such as:
- Understanding their assignment
- Getting a solid, broad understanding of a research topic
- Thinking about a topic that is interesting and relevant to them
How do you approach teaching the inquiry-based learning process to students? Tell us in the comments, and stay tuned for more videos in the coming weeks!
Latest posts by Emily Gover (see all)
- Seven Resources to Motivate, Inspire, and Innovate Your Teaching this Year - August 25, 2015
- 7 Ways Imagine Easy Scholar Supports the Writing Process - July 28, 2015
- EasyBib Login Now Available on the Mobile App - July 14, 2015